It's Earth Day.
To me, Earth day is every day!
There's small steps you can take to help make a positive impact on the environment. Can you just take a moment and imagine what difference you could make if you stopped using plastic, disposable water bottles? If you cut out meat from your diet? If you buy local?
Vegetarian's make a large, positive impact on the Earth. They have a smaller carbon footprint. However, I feel that if you continue to eat meat (which is completely fine! I'm definately not a full-time vegetarian) you should buy from local farms. The transportation of meat is a huge carbon footprint on our lovely planet Earth.
Want a few tips to help the planet? Remember Green is Sexy!
- Use reusable water bottles
- Use reusable grocery bags
- Buy local!
- Take shorter showers (or shower with a friend!)
- Walk to work
- Take public transportation
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Turn off your computer at night
- Change your lightbulbs! Use the energy efficient bulbs
- Use soy candles, not petroleum
- Hang your clothes out to dry instead of using a dryer
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth
- Support naturally made products, like products from Lush cosmetics
- Turn off the lights
- Choose matches over lighters
Looking to help? Check out these sites and make a difference!