I was insanely excited when I saw Jaclyn Hill upload a video with all of her favourite single shadows that she stores in a custom z-palette.
Jaclyn has quickly become a huge part of the beauty community on social media and YouTube. She is extremely influential, and pretty much anything that she mentions in her videos becomes sold out immediately.
I was very interested to see what single shadows she chose for her day to day make-up. Personally, I am very drawn towards neutrals, shimmers and anything gold. I have been testing out the waters and experimenting with really wonderfully warm shades, which Jaclyn is seen wearing all the time!
I really wanted to review the shades that she shared with my own commentary!
- MAC Nylon – super frosty highlight with yellow undertone, can be used as a highlighter too. I think I need this! I have seen this used on Camilla Belle and she is my favourite beauty inspiration
- Makeup Geek Mirage – natural looking highlight, slight sheen. I think I will pass on this one! I have so many highlights already
- Makeup Geek Rapunzel – perfect amount of sheen, great for brow bone highlight, looks gorgeous on a lot of skin tones. Really gorgeous colour. Reminds me of something a young teen would wear.
- Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie – one of her favorite transition colors, very natural and a must have. I have this shade I am obsessed with it, I literally use it or a dupe of it every single day.
- Makeup Geek Creme Brûlée – beautiful natural shade - same idea as Peach Smoothie. I have this shade and obsess over it! I can wear this just as an all over lid shade and be completely fine with it!
- MAC Soft Brown – similar to Creme Brûlée, pinkish undertone. I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette so I don't really think I need this in my collection.
- Makeup Geek Frappe – medium-tone brownish red. I may need to purchase this is the very near future!
- MAC Kid – Might be discontinued, great transition color for someone with really fair skin like moi! I'm very fair skinned, so if this is not discontinued, I might have to give it a try!
- Makeup Geek Barcelona Beach – a lot of grey tones in this shadow... I hate cool tones. I look practically dead when I wear them so I am totally passing on this shade!
- Anastasia Fawn – great transition color, very neutral brown. I already own the Anastasia Couture palette and I love the pigmentation. I might have to bite the bullet and order some of the singles!
- MAC Saddle – Amazing for the crease! Bronze/warm brown. I have so many dupes for this already, so I am not really interested in purchasing this! A very standard shade!
- Makeup Geek Desert Sands – Mustardy-yellow heaven is how I would describe this. I am literally obsessed with this one. I have this in the Vegas Lights palette and I want to wear it every minute of everyday!
- Makeup Geek Chickadee – peachy-orange shade. Friggin' fantastic! I have this shade and have used it quite a few times for dramatic looks, but only when I have a slight tan.
- MAC Amber Lights – rusty gold. I own this shade already and I use it as an all over the lid shade for a quick, yet chic, look.
- MAC Swiss Chocolate – not pigmented, deep purple-brown shade. Looks like something I want to swatch myself at MAC to make up my mind if I need it or not.
- MAC Red Brick – matte red-orange. This shade is insane. I don't know if I ever would actually use it? Or if it would just sit in my z-palette to inspire me to try new things (and then get scared and do a neutral look).
- Makeup Geek Poppy – Pink and coral shade. I'm on the fence about this shade. It really does remind me of a Poppy though. Didn't Kathleen Lights do a Tutorial with this shade?
- Anastasia Henna – Statement shade, coppery/rusty red very pigmented . It needs to be mine. Already bookmarked. Come to MOMMA!
- MAC Coppering – Shimmery copper metallic shade. Need. Definate need. Now where are my car keys so I can go to MAC? Anyone?
- Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear – all matte burnt red/brown. So much yes. I have this shade and adore it!
- Anastasia Fudge – very dark fudge brown. Literally the colour of chocolate fudge. I don't know if I need this or not. Reminds me of Too Faced.
- Makeup Geek Grandstand – great for a literally everything. Smokey eyes, all over the lid shade... pops of sparkle. Pink/Champagne. I have this. I love this. We have a very beautiful love affair going on right now. It's so pigmented I could cry, but I won't because I just did my make-up.
- Makeup Geek Vintage – matte medium toned cool purple. I'm not into it. I don't like cool tones. I just can't.
- Makeup Geek Cherry Cola – purpley cherry undertone. I love this. The name and everything. I pretty much need it.
- Anastasia Aubergine – Great sheen, purple shade. Need. Already on my wishlist. Let's move on.
- Makeup Geek Bitten – warm burgundy/purple shade. Own it. You need it. Literally go buy it right now. One of Jaclyn's favs!
- Makeup Geek Americano – medium cool toned matte brown. Too cool toned for this gal.
- Makeup Geek Cupcake – soft pink, hard to wear if you are fair. So perfect for a teen's first shadow! I need to buy this for my little sister. Would look stunning with her baby blues!
- Anastasia Macaroon – lilac purple color, very intense shimmer. NEED. ALL SHIMMERS ALL THE TIME! #CANTSTOPWONTSTOP
- Makeup Geek Houdini – emerald turquoise blue. Oh my goodness. Yes. I own this and use it when I want to be all flashy and lovely.
- Makeup Geek Dragonfly – bright aqua blue. Basically needs to be my new best friend. Be bold! Be BLUE! Plus, it's called dragonfly. So I need it.
- Makeup Geek Jester – foiled eyeshadow olive green with golden undertones. How do I not own this already? BRB online shopping
- Makeup Geek Dirty Martini – matte olive green. Got it. Love.
- Makeup Geek Enchanted Forrest – all matte forest green. So much yes. I own this because Kathleen Lights snap chatted about it and basically made me buy it.